Sunday, July 31, 2016

Movie Review - How to be yours

Yesterday, Erin and I wanted to watch Nerve but the momma wanted to watch How To Be Yours.


How To Be Yours is a Filipino movie starring Bea Alonzo and Gerald Anderson.

  • It was about a boy who in the start of the movie has a stable life, working in sales but doesn't have a girlfriend and a girl who was an aspiring chef.
  • They got along well and eventually became boyfriend and girlfriend.
  • Fast forward to the scene where Anj (Bea Alonzo) was offered to apply at Chef Pocholo's (Bernard Palanca) restaurant and of course she got in.
  • Anj's work became so toxic cause Chef Pocholo was a bitch.
  • Nino (Gerald Anderson) quit his job for the reason of "Anj needs her right now" which I think was bullshit. Why would you quit the job you are good at because you think your girlfriend, who has a job, needs you? I don't get it.
  • Anyway, Anj got promoted and became sous-chef. Which meant she got busier with work and barely had time for Nino.
  • Anj got promoted again to head chef. Nino got a telco job.
  • Nino started to feel neglected and that Anj doesn't have the time for her anymore.
  • Anj was supposed to run Chef Pocholo's new restaurant but the sponsors think that Anj lack of experience. So, Chef Pocholo offered Anj to go to Paris for two years to get more experience.
  • Nino freaked out when Anj told him about it. Then they broke up.
  • After a year, I think, Anj got her own restaurant but she feels lonely and empty even if she has everything she ever dreamed of.
  • Nino got better with the Telco job and tried dating. Tried but didn't succeed.
  • They saw each other again and had coffee.
  • Then they got back together again.
I think this movie is okay. Typical Filipino movie. Nothing special, it really doesn't have a plot twist in it. And I hate how they made it look like you have to choose between your career and your love life to get everything you dreamed of. They made it look like it was lonely and empty even if you have achieved everything you dreamed of just because you don't have a love life. And I don't like how they still ended up together. I mean, yeah, it made sense when Nino freaked out when Anj told him about the Paris stuff but it's pure bs that he claims to support her but doesn't want her to go to Paris and that it came to a point where he made it look like she has to choose.

I just think we all deserve to be with someone like Drew Arellano. Lol okay random but hear me out.
On his wedding vow to Iya Villania and I quote, "I promise to give you the freedom to be the successful girl you are destined to be...".
My point is being with someone shouldn't hinder you to achieve your dreams. It shouldn't hold you back. It shouldn't be a complication to decide. It shouldn't even make you choose between your career or your love life.
Lol and maybe this is why I'm single.

No comments:

Post a Comment