Sunday, July 31, 2016

[Book Review] Avoiding Series by K.A. Linde

Just finished reading the last book for Avoiding Series and all I can say is that it's bullshit.
I mean, the books were well written and the story has nice plot twists but the ending was pure bullshit.

Side note: Yup! New post tag - Reviews. Just cause I need to get out of ranting on Twitter whenever I finish a book. (I'm just too into it whenever I read a book lol). But this won't be a typical review where I will tell the summary of the story blah blah blah. Well, I might do a bit of that but mostly I will just rant about what I think, feel about the story lol So yeah

I'm gonna do this by bullets cause I suck at paragraph form of summarizing lol
  • Lexi and Jack were the two main characters of the story. They were fuck buddies... well, okay, friends with benefits. Even if they have different boyfriends/girlfriends, they will sleep with each other and that lasted for years.
  • They tried working it out with each other but, eventually and of course, Jack slept with someone else and Lexi knew bout it. She felt dumb and decided to cut things off with Jack.
  • Jack moved back to Atlanta and Lexi stayed in New York to finish her law school.
  • After a couple of years, Jack out of the blue called her to ask her to come to Atlanta just because his fiance, Bekah Bridges, has this experiment to talk to all Jack's ex-girlfriends to figure out why he can't commit.
  • Lexi eventually came back to Atlanta and met Bekah and her family, including Ramsey (Bekah's brother).
  • Bekah is a bitch who has a plan all along and that is ruin Lexi and make her realize that Jack will never pick her, that she will always be the side hoe. And I strongly agree with Bekah with this.
  • Then, Ramsey and Lexi started dating but Bekah made Lexi think that Ramsey was just doing these stuff because she asked him to but the truth is Ramsey's intention was clear, Bekah was just a bitch.
  • After, I think, almost a year, Ramsey called Lexi to go to Jack and Bekah's wedding with him, Lexi hesitated but eventually came
  • Lexi and Ramsey were dating again. A little bit serious this time.
  • Lexi knew bout Ramsey's only ex-girlfriend, Parker, who is now a doctor and will be working closely with Ramsey for the Bridges new hospital wing.
  • Ramsey hates Parker because he assumed Parker aborted their baby.
  • Bekah knew bout Jack and Lexi shit and how they slept together before Bekah and Jack's engagement party.
  • Jack and Bekah still got married.
  • Bekah wants to divorce Jack cause she thinks he cheated on her.
  • Lexi is helping Jack with the divorce.
  • Jack realizes that he loves Lexi and that he was dumb to let her go. *rolling my eyes*
  • Lexi was holding herself back and convincing herself that Ramsey is the one for her. *rolling my eyes again* /Ramsey is the one/
  • Lexi came home early and saw Parker & Ramsey in Ramsey's office with Ramsey reading medical papers to prove that Parker had a miscarriage and didn't abort their baby.
  • Lexi and Ramsey fought about why is it still a big deal to Ramsey to know whether Parker had a miscarriage or aborted the baby.
  • Lexi decided to get out of their apartment and Ramsey asked her so many times not to and begged her to stay.
  • Lexi still left and went to Jack's. *rolling my eyes harder*
  • Lexi and Jack talked. More of Jack should've, could've, would've.
  • Lexi decided to break it off with Ramsey. (Which is pure bullshit. Ramsey did everything to keep her. He changed his lifestyle for her which Lexi told him that he didn't have to even if he used to run stripper clubs that, for what I remembered, Lexi used to get mad about. It doesn't make sense!! lol)
  • Lexi and Jack had multiple fucks that night.
  • Bekah suddenly appeared in Jack's place and found Lexi there. She also mentioned Jack asking her a couple of days/weeks ago to work things out but Jack just shrugged it off. (This was another bullshit. If I were Lexi and heard that I wouldn't let that slip off cause wtf right)
  • At the hearing for Jack and Bekah's divorce, Clark (Lexi's ex-boyfriend) appeared and told Jack that he was sleeping with Bekah for a year now.
  • Jack and Bekah got divorced.
  • Jack didn't technically proposed to Lexi but gave her like a promise ring. Lol
I know I suck at summaries but I tried my very best.
I think the biggest bullshit of this story was Jack and Lexi ending up together and Lexi breaking up Ramsey.
I know it is somehow bothering how Ramsey can't get over the Parker getting an abortion or a miscarriage shit but he turned his whole life around for her to be proud of what he does, of what he is.
He was the one who healed Lexi's pain that Jack caused.
I think Lexi is stupid for picking Jack. Jack who is a cheater and a liar.
If I were Lexi, I would've just fixed things up with Ramsey, resolve the issues and be live happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment