Two years ago, I decided to step out of my hair comfort zone.
If y'all don't know, I had the same "layered, rebonded straight, sometimes with bangs" hairstyle since forever. I used to have long, layered, rebonded straight hair back in high school then I decided to cut it short when I was in college but still the layered, straight style. I kinda got addicted to having a short hair that whenever it passes through my shoulders.
 |
| I'm the one on the right, obviously. Lol This was at my Aunt's wedding |
 |
| The start of cutting my hair short |
 |
| Then shorter... |
 |
| Decided to have bangs |
 |
| Then bangs but shorter... |
 |
| It became a mess eventually... |
A year before I broke up with my then boyfriend, I decided to let it grow, let it grow. Hahaha. Okay, I'm so funny. Just cause I got tired of the short hair.
 |
| Long, rebonded straight hair |
Then I got bored with my long, boring, straight hair.... That's when I decided to get digital permed and I loved it. I got medium curls for my first digital perm. It was nice. It was like my dream curly wavy hair in a nice way kind of hairstyle. Lol I had fun with it, styling it. It wasn't high maintenance at all. I just put moose or the hair cream and then twirl.
 |
| This was the day I just got permed |
 |
| There are days that my curls just won't curl and will end up just wavy |
After a while, I decided to color my hair. I mean, I love my natural brownish black hair but it was fun exploring and stepping out of your comfort zones.
 |
| I colored it red cause I was feeling all out lol |
 |
| And for some reason, it will behave like this whenever I don't plan on going out |
After a year, I decided to get small curls just cause I wanted to have the Fifteen Taylor Swift version of curls. Yes, I want it curlier. Hahaha. Well, I thought it was a disaster at first because it didn't look like that. Turned out I have too wavy hair that why it ended up like the curls were too loose but so small.
 |
| Close enough. Lol barely |
But, eventually, it got nicer in time. And currently, I love how it is.
 |
| I love the volume of it now and, even after more than 6 months, curls were still tight |
 |
| Believe it or not, I woke up like this. For real. I love just woke up curls |
I think I may have gushed about my hair on this post too much that some people may think I'm weird. Hahahaha
But I just want to make a point that stepping out of your comfort zone, even just on a small thing like this one, is refreshing and somehow makes a difference. It may not be the one you expected at first but at least you tried right?
No comments:
Post a Comment