Tuesday, June 7, 2016

And they lived happily ever after..


"Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you."

Whenever I attend weddings or watch wedding videos on YouTube, I can't help but daydream about how it is gonna be on my wedding day. It was like I set aside my "I'm never gonna get married" thoughts for a moment and just picture everything from my wedding dress to the flowers I will put on each table at the reception. It makes me tear up whenever I do that, it gives me that overwhelming feeling that, finally, everything is right. But, of course, that was all just a daydream. I am still 50/50 on the getting married thing, maybe because I don't even have a boyfriend right now. Lol

Digital people @ Emman & Charmaine's Wedding

Last Saturday, I went to Emman's wedding.
Emman was my team mate from my previous project.
It was a simple wedding with their family and friends.
I can still remember tearing up while Charmaine was walking down the aisle.
Tears of joy. It was such an intimate moment that you're just steps away from the one you will spend your lifetime with and with God as the witness.
For a moment there, all my doubts faded and my hope in love restored.
I don't know Charmaine personally but with how Emman told us their story, I know and I can tell that it is meant to be. They went through a lot and still found the way to each other. True love.

As of this moment, I am terrified of the thought of marriage.
Maybe because I grew up witnessing a failed marriage and I just don't want to go through that.
I am terrified but I am also hoping. There is that little faith in me that wishes or hopes that someone will come along and prove that I don't have anything to be scared about, that it is different with him, someone who will make all those doubts disappear.... I know, someday he'll come. Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment