Friday, July 24, 2015

Nihonkai Tsukiji


It was supposed to be our last day in McKinley, so we decided to eat out of the office, but, as usual, relocation was moved to August 1.
(From L-R) Ken, Emil, Kat, Paolo, Bado, Nian, Me and Margaux
On the brighter side, we ate at Nihokai Tsukiji located at Tuscany McKinley Hill. The food was delicious. I'm not really into Japanese cuisine... I'm not fond of sushi or maki or wasabi or anything raw. I don't know why. Lol but I enjoyed what I ate.

I had Oyakodon, it's a Japanese rice bowl dish which has chicken, egg, and some random vegetables(?) on top of the rice with some sauce. Made me feel so bloated, it costs around P320, which is a bit expensive but the serving is worth it. Kat and Emil had the same too.
Oyakodon
Margaux, Ken, and Nian had the Makunouchi bento. It consists of fish, meat, tofu, vegetables along with rice and soup. I didn't taste it but it looks appetizing.
Makunouchi Bento, Japanese bento.
Bado and Paolo had some ramen noodles. Bado had the Tonkotsu Ramen while Paolo had the Shoyu Ramen. Accdg to Wikipedia, Tonkotsu is "pork bone". It sounds like Tonkatsu but they are different. Tonkatsu is pork cutlet. And Shoyu is "Soy sauce". Tonkotsu is a full flavored pork bone broth noodles while Shoyu is a soy sauce broth. Both looked savory and served in a large Japanese bowl.
Shoyu Ramen
Tonkotsu Ramen
 
The restaurant has that cozy ambiance, prices are a bit expensive but reasonable since they have big servings and the food is very appetizing. I noticed that Japanese restaurants offer hot or cold tea. I don't know if that's a traditional thing or they just love giving teas. Make sure to try them.
Hot and cold house tea
After that, we moved from Japan to Korea.
There's this Korean convenient store. I like to call it "K-Mart", like Korean Mart. It has a whole lot Korean goods, everything Korean!
 Nian and I tried this Korean ice cream popsicle, Power Cap (I think. Because I can't read Korean and that's the only English words I can read on the packaging). What I love about Korean products is that they have cute packaging. Cute packaging is everything! Haha
Look at how creative that packaging is. Hahaha!
I had the watermelon flavored popsicle and Nian got the Soda flavored popsicle.
Mine tasted so gooooooooood. I will definitely buy again and maybe try the Banana and Soda flavor next time. ☺
Picture of me and Nian to finish this blog post. Lol x

No comments:

Post a Comment