Monday, September 29, 2014

No more U-turns

As of this writing, I am almost 2 months single.

Getting out of an almost 6 years old relationship is a struggle.
Memories, promises, and the plans you both made together are your worst enemies.
I can't say that I've fully moved on or that I no longer cry when I remember the things we used to do, or I don't get teary eyed anymore when I listen to a song that reminds me of him... because, to be honest, I still do.
In a scale of 1 to 100 percent, I can say that I am 60% over it.
Well, not that over it.. like, I have moved on even just a bit.
You must think that it's a big number to be in this early.. but for me, it's not. It's just about right and about time.

I have learned a lot from this break-up.
I learned that I deserve better.
I learned that no one can effectively help you but yourself.
Yeah, friends are there to remind you things that matter and comfort you when you are at your lowest point but it will always come back to you.
You hold the wheel. It's your choice if you're going to move or going to hit the brakes or take the U-Turn.
Right now, I can feel myself moving. Moving slowly but surely.

Some of you may think that I am only saying crap because I am having a "spur of the moment" kind of thing.. but naaaah. With or without... Let's call him Alex... With or without this Alex, this will remain my point of view. Besides, there is nothing going on with me and Alex. He lives miles away from me. My friends know me too well to know that long distance relationships were and still, aren't my thing.

One of the reasons I got out of my recent relationship is that there are so many things I wanted to do. For my career, for my family, and for myself.
The relationship felt like it was holding me back and relationships shouldn't make you feel that way. It should motivate you and inspire you to aim for more.

I guess, getting older is rubbing on me. Finally knocking some sense out of me.
I may be the same old Erisse who gets confused by the and appreciates the little things but I know that I am slowly getting better and knowing what's best for me.
Like closing chapters, getting over my attachment issues... Step by step and making progress. *hugs myself* :)

No comments:

Post a Comment