Sunday, September 7, 2014

Curtains closed

It has been almost a month of being single. I just feel lonely sometimes.
That's one of the reasons why, for the past weeks, I'm surrounding myself with my family, friends, and work but, of course, when you're alone... late at night... the loneliness will always come.
You won't even have a choice to just think of him.

I know, I know, I called the shots. I was the one who chose this. It's my fault.
Some people will say I don't have the right to feel sad or be hurt because I was the one who caused this.. that I did this to myself.

Well, technically, they are right. I did choose to end something I'm not sure of.
Something that didn't feel right anymore. Something I can't see the future with anymore.
Something that no matter how we tried, it was just not working anymore.
He may not see it now but, I know, someday, he'll realize everything I want him to realize when I ended it.

I loved him... so much. I still do but in a different way now.
Yes, I ended it but that doesn't mean I didn't get hurt, that I didn't feel pain.. because I did.
I still feel the pain, I can still feel that something is missing, that I'm somehow incomplete.. especially now that I know he is happy with someone else. Well, that sounded selfish.

I am just happy he's happy. I'm happy that he's no longer feeling all this pain.
I'm happy that he no longer have to cry himself to sleep or that he doesn't feel all teary-eyed every time he listens to a song that reminded him of me or that he doesn't feel lonely at night anymore because he misses me cuddling with him.
I'm glad that he already found someone who'll appreciate every little thing he does and have.

I know, I'm just being dramatic because I am still holding on to the idea of us and that I'm just feeling lonely.
I'm still making adjustments. After all, that was 6 years of my life.

Sparks died. Fell out of love. It's just not working anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment