Sunday, December 21, 2014

2014 mandatory blog post

Wow. 10 days left for this year.
Oh, how time flies so fast.
I had an awesome year. This year was a life changing year for me.
I had a lot of down moments but it was all worth it.
I learned & realized things I never knew I would. I guess that's one of the perks of getting older.

2014 highlights (or things I can remember that happened this year):


  • I GOT PROMOTED. This was the best highlight of my year. Well, for my career. Career milestone. I was not expecting but I was really hoping for it. So happy that everything I worked for paid off. I was a back end java developer for the deals website for a retail company. It was hard because I was the only offshore back end developer. I got trained for hybris. Got pulled out to that project to work on a company prototype that uses hybris, the one that will be demoed to clients. Then after that worked on a pioneer project for an airline that has a golf club perk, which is now live. Check it out! Currently working for a Spanish retail company's admin page, which is a pioneer also. It was a nice start for my career. Thank you, Lord.
  • Stepped out of my comfort zone. Letting go of someone or something will always be the hardest thing to do for an overly and easily attached girl like me. I tend to be over caring to my friends. I call it caring but you can classify it as clingy too. Yes, you can say that I have attachment issues. I trust people so easy. But for this year, I tried my best to overcome that shit. And as of today, I guess I managed to do it. I am still clingy.. but only to the people I trust and care for who cling to me in return. Ehem best friends. <3
  • Broke up with Edz. I can also put this to the "Stepped out of my comfort zone" bullet but I just wanted to separate it because it is another "highlight" of my year. Being with Edz was like a break from reality. He was like my temporary amnesia pill. Temporary. Because as soon as it wears off, reality slaps me like a bitch. Twice. I see that life is not that simple. It is complicated. And every choice you make will have a big impact to your future. I tried to ignore the facts and my realizations several times. But how can I stay with someone I can't see the future I want with? I can't just stay because it was safe. Safe that I won't grow old alone. But I realized that I don't want to grow old like that. Almost 6 years with him was like a rollercoaster ride. Mostly down but I don't regret anything. He will always have that special place in my heart. My first serious relationship and hopefully, not the last.
  • Quality > Quantity. This one is very self-explanatory. I always knew that having less true friends is greater than having a lot of fake friends. I always regret losing friends or people I care about. But this year, I finally learned to apply it to my life. It was hard. Cutting off people I care, or cared, about... Cutting off people is much easier than to care for them, knowing that they continuously stab me in the back. Life is too short to have friends who talk behind your back. Life is too short for fake friends.
  • I learned to be independent. Like doing things alone and not thinking of what people will think of you. This year, I managed to eat in diners alone, going to the cinemas to watch movies alone, shopping alone, getting coffee alone... there were lots of things I did alone. Since I am single, I took advantage of that idea. I felt lonely a lot of times but it was peaceful lonely.
  • Spoiled my sister and my momma. Sharing my blessings with my family will never be a problem for me.
  • Guilty pleasures a.k.a luho. I don't really feel guilty spoiling myself with the money or goods I worked for. So. Yeah.
  • Braces. I got braces again. Heeeh and I'll be having my hair permed in a couple of days. So, hello new me for 2015 hahahaha
That is all I can think of right now and I'm pretty sure I'll be lazy to even continue this.
But all in all, I am so happy, blessed and thankful for this year. It was a life changing experience.
Don't even know what to expect for 2015 because this year was so great.
Hoping for the best but expecting the worst, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment