Sunday, August 31, 2014

Yet

Late night realizations always get the best of me.
Having the highs and lows, pros and cons of being single.

On my previous post, I talked about a certain someone.
Earlier, I realized that I closed the door with my ex because I want to break a cycle but here I am again trapped in another cycle.

I don't even know why or how but like I said, he will always have that special place in my heart and I know, my boy friends won't argue with me with this one.
They know why. They were with us. They know everything.
I really used to think he was the one for me.
He used to be my eye opener to the real world.
I wanted him to be the one for me. If only it works that way huh? It would be easy as pie but nope, fate is the boss here.

I can still remember everything he said to me.
The endless text messages answering all of my whys.
The promises he made to make my doubts disappear.
He even told me his own what ifs.
We both got realizations that all ended with "Bahala na".

I kept telling myself that maybe that was not the right time for us and clearly, now is not the right time either but.. how long? How long should I wait for the right time?
Then I realized, I should stop waiting for that.
I should stop thinking you are the one for me.
I should stop waiting for fate to give us a chance.
I should just be happy for you.
I should just keep all these remaining feelings I have for you because maybe this is fate telling us that it already gave us the chance but we didn't see it and we ended up wasting it.

No, I'm not closing this chapter yet.
As much as I want to, I just can't... for now.
Closing a chapter for me is forgetting everything.
The pain, the mistakes, and even the happiness.
It's like reformatting that side of my brain and heart and installing friendship.. because all I can offer after closing that chapter is friendship. And I know, I can never be just friends with you...

I know. I know. I know. I have to. I have to accept it sometime soon.
Why do you make it so hard? You are the most confusing thing in my life but I don't want you to go away.
Right now, I miss everything about you. I can't believe I still want you after everything we've been through.

No comments:

Post a Comment