I got a lot of stuff on my mind... I don't really wanna talk bout it here or anywhere.
I honestly don't know what to write in here.
I'm a bit gloomy.
So, I'm currently listening to Ruth B.'s "Safe Heaven" album... that's why I'm gonna list my top 5 fave songs from this album.
I randomly found her at around 4 in the morning on Spotify last Saturday and instantly fell in love with every song.
Mixed Signals
"I don't know what road we're on, I don't know what we're heading towards... but I know my heart is all yours"
This song is about being in a relationship with someone but you're unsure whether it's gonna go somewhere or not. Like you know you deserve better but you still have hope for the both of you.
Dandelions
"And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime, and I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine"
This song is my very top favorite song in this album. I remember hearing this song for the first time, I got teary eyes and all I can think bout is Andy. What a feel good song. The beat, the lyrics, Ruth B.'s voice. Just perfect.
Unrighteous
"No chance we're going to make it but baby can we fake it? 'Cause even though I know you're not the one, this has really been a lot of fun.."
This song hurts my heart like a bitch. I don't know why. Lol. This song is knowing that there is nothing there anymore, that you're just forcing for it to make it work just cause you're happy. It's like knowing that it'll end soon and you got nothing else to do to stop it.
If this is love
"It's been a long time since I've felt the way that I do now, like I need you but I don't know how. It's been a while since I smiled and I meant it for all my heart but the idea of leaving this behind, it tears me apart"
This was the song that made me go to Ruth B.'s album. The lyric quote above is the exact feeling I am feeling right now. Like I've blogged before that I have commitment issues, I flake/disappear/run away once it becomes serious but I just don't know how, why or what made me just jump into it.. and now, it scares me like hell. Okay, enough. Lol
Safe Haven
"When the world is caving, baby you're my safe haven"
Feel good music. This is a song about a person who makes it all better even when life gets so hard. He/She is like your safety net, your home, your safe haven. When everything seems like going all the way down below, you have that person to remind you that everything is alright.. everything is gonna be alright.
I love the other songs too but these 5 songs are the ones I keep on loop.
I like to think that Ruth B. is the female version of Ed Sheeran. Lol oh well
No comments:
Post a Comment