Ed freaking Sheeran has done it again.
Ed has released a new album called " ÷ " & I swear just when you thought that Ed can't top his top songs, he proves you wrong.
Album has been released last March 3rd and I don't know why I only listened to it last night.
Anyway, the album has 16 tracks and, of course, I'm only gonna list my favorites lol
The whole album is awesome though. Two thumbs up!
I have like 8 fave songs and this is how I relate to or interpret them. I repeat, I am no music specialist or whatsoever. I just love music and writing about how it makes me feel.
Dive
"So don't call me baby, unless you mean it. Don't tell me you need me, if you don't believe it. So let me know the truth before I dive right into you"
This is the third song on the album and it's like a song about a vulnerable person asking for reassurance. Reassurance before the person falls for the other person. I guess this song is one of my faves because it speaks how I am whenever I am about to like someone. I make sure that the feeling is being reciprocated before I put my 100% effort into it. Lol trust issues and commitment issues, indeed. But who doesn't have those right?
Shape of you
"We push and pull like a magnet do although my heart is falling too"
Mainstream song lol
Just cause this is one of Ed's single. I still like it though cause the beat is nice and very catchy.
Perfect
"We are still kids, but we're so in love. Fighting against all odds, I know we'll be alright this time"
This song just warms my heart up. It's is being in love for a long time and waited for that right time. A love against all the odds. It makes me feel so good being in love. Feel good music, indeed. And apparently, this song is reminiscent of One Direction's "Eighteen". So that's why it kinda has the same beat.
Galway Girl
"You know, she played the fiddle in an Irish band but she fell in love with an English man"
This song has a "Don't" feels. That acoustic pop style never fades for me. The beat gives me eargasm lol Instruments, Ed's voice, it all just fits. Upbeat and has that cool, fresh vibe.
Happier
"'Cause baby you look happier, you do. My friends told me one day I'll feel it too.. and until then I'll smile to hide the truth but I know I was happier with you"
THIS SONG. I can say that this is my most favorite song in this album. It is a sad, thinking positive song. I LOVE the lyrics. I had a hard time picking a verse to paste up there cause I love every word of this song. It is about losing that someone who once made you so happy and seeing them happy with someone else. Hurts to the core. Lol It's not like I'm in that situation cause I'm not. I am not sad and I'm not going through a similar situation but whenever I hear this song... man... I just can't help but feel every ache in my heart that I forgot. It is very hard to see someone you love and care for happy with someone else. Selfish but true. But we all gotta move on. We can't just be stuck in there and wait for that person.. opposed to the last two line of this song lol "But if he breaks your heart like lovers do, just know that I'll be waiting here for you" lol For me, it is okay to wait but know when to stop. Just learn to love yourself first cause that way you'll find the happiness that no one can take away from you. HUHU BUT I JUST LOVE THIS SONG. OBVIOUSLY CAUSE I JUST WROTE A BUNCH OF THIS COMPARED TO THE OTHER SONGS LOL
New Man
"I know you're missin' all this kind of love but I'm positive that he don't wanna know about me"
I don't know what song but this song sounds familiar but the lyrics are nice though. It's a song saying how much your ex has changed ever since he/she found a new girlfriend/boyfriend. Also saying how different the new girlfriend/boyfriend is from you but, even so, your ex still keeps on trying to get with you behind the new girlfriend/boyfriend's back. Lol
Hearts don't break here
"That every night I'll kiss you, you'll say in my ear, "Oh, we're in love, aren't we?"
This is my third most favorite song in this album. Just cause it has that romantic vibe of how much someone loves someone. How sure your feelings are for that person and how that person gives light... spark or even fireworks to your life. It's taking a leap of faith in loving that someone. Giving your heart without a doubt cause you trust that person.
How would you feel (Paean)
"I'll be taking my time... spending my life.. falling deeper in love with you"
And this! This is my second fave song on this album. It speaks about growing old with that person. Falling deeper every day. I think everyone, even if they deny it, wants someone to grow old with. I've been single for a couple of years and I was happy. I learned to love my self and be independent. But I won't deny that this, the feeling of being loved and cared for, is so gooooood. It's nice knowing that someone values you and wants to spend his life enduring all your mood swings and still wants to wake up seeing your face every day.
I honestly love the whole album. I don't know if it's Ed's voice, the instruments or the words that make it mooooooore alluring. Must be all of the above. Ed Sheeran is just so awesome. What a gem.
No comments:
Post a Comment