Cause I still love you, this I must confess
I guess I still need you, I feel I have to tell you this again
Yes, I still want you, no, this wasn't in my plan
So if I interrupted anything, I promise I won't call you again
I was running late. I overslept. Opened my Instagram and saw he uploaded a new picture... with her.
I can't help but wonder if he sees my face or remembers me whenever he calls her 'baby'.
Yeah, he calls her baby too. Well, he used to call me that.
I sound so pathetic right now. I know.
I am writing this with an overflowing heart with emotions I don't even know how to describe.
I'm angry but I'm also happy. I'm sad but I'm also understanding.
I don't know which is which. I think I'm crazy.
I'm angry... at myself.
For saying he should just work it out with her for the baby.
For saying it's all okay and that I understand.
For saying we can still be friends as if it doesn't hurt.
I'm happy because having a kid is a blessing.
And because... I don't know. I'm just happy that he seems happy.
I'm sad for selfish reasons.
Because I miss him. I miss us.
I miss how we used to be.
I miss everything about him.
I'm sad for the plans we made.
For the things we said that I'll be forever wondering if he meant everything he said.
But I understand.
I truly understand that the situation... I am just in denial right now.
I understand that he has a responsibility now and that it should be his number one priority.
I understand.
It just hurts. I thought time heals but it feels like, every time I wake up, the pain is still there.
It doesn't seem to go away.
I can't help wish I was her but, hey, that's fine
I guess I still need you, I feel I have to tell you this again
Yes, I still want you, no, this wasn't in my plan
So if I interrupted anything, I promise I won't call you again
I was running late. I overslept. Opened my Instagram and saw he uploaded a new picture... with her.
I can't help but wonder if he sees my face or remembers me whenever he calls her 'baby'.
Yeah, he calls her baby too. Well, he used to call me that.
I sound so pathetic right now. I know.
I am writing this with an overflowing heart with emotions I don't even know how to describe.
I'm angry but I'm also happy. I'm sad but I'm also understanding.
I don't know which is which. I think I'm crazy.
I'm angry... at myself.
For saying he should just work it out with her for the baby.
For saying it's all okay and that I understand.
For saying we can still be friends as if it doesn't hurt.
I'm happy because having a kid is a blessing.
And because... I don't know. I'm just happy that he seems happy.
I'm sad for selfish reasons.
Because I miss him. I miss us.
I miss how we used to be.
I miss everything about him.
I'm sad for the plans we made.
For the things we said that I'll be forever wondering if he meant everything he said.
But I understand.
I truly understand that the situation... I am just in denial right now.
I understand that he has a responsibility now and that it should be his number one priority.
I understand.
It just hurts. I thought time heals but it feels like, every time I wake up, the pain is still there.
It doesn't seem to go away.
I can't help wish I was her but, hey, that's fine
No comments:
Post a Comment