Tuesday, February 2, 2021

i know, you know, we know

I know, you know, we know
You weren’t down for forever and it's fine
I know, you know, we know
We weren’t meant for each other and it's fine

I tried to look for a blog post where I'm officially saying goodbye to you (cause I usually do that "closing the door" blog post) but I couldn’t find it.

So here it goes.

It has been over a year since we opened our damaged hearts to each other.
I still can’t believe we would be something like that.
Whatever it was.
We both laid out our cards on the table, whatever was left of it, and still found each other beautiful.

I'd like to think we helped each other heal.
I remember telling you how my heart wasn't just broken, it's shattered.
And you told me, with a positive tone, that you'll pick up my shattered pieces and put your broken pieces with them and make it whole.
It was comforting. It was a nice feeling knowing there's someone to walk with in that journey.

It's sad that we promised to be in each other's lives no matter what happens but obviously we aren’t anymore.
But I am still happy on how things have worked out.
I would like to think I wouldn't be as I am without a nudge or two from you.

From checking up on me and making sure I’m okay to tending to my needs.
From listening to my rants to dealing with my mood swings.
I'm always going to be thankful for you.

It's been a year now, I think I’ve figured out how, how to let you go and let the communication die out
It's been a year now, I think I've figured how, how to think about you without it ripping my heart out

I wouldn’t be in the place I am today without the lessons we both realized and learned.
I'm happy, my heart and mind are both at peace.
I hope you are too.
We both deserve that. We both deserve the best.
We both deserve the love that stays.
We went through all that and even God knows that we truly do.

I honestly don't know how to end this post and I don’t have anything more to say.
So I'm just gonna leave it at this.
I hope we won't need to fix each other in another life.
I asked you countless times to say bye but you never did.
So I'm gonna say it.
Good bye, Johnny.

No comments:

Post a Comment