It was crazy how everything went down.
It was crazier how after everything, you choose to walk away... not just on what we had but on the friendship.
I'd like to think that we really had that something. Di lang naman ako nag ilusyon diba?
How can it be an illusion when every time I remember how you held my hand, my heart aches a bit?
Every time I remember those stolen kisses or peck on the cheek, my heart aches a bit more.
And every time I think about the little things like you leaning your head on my shoulder or you hugging me while we sleep or you making a way to spend time with me, my heart aches even more.
You waiting for me at my dorm's entrance for hours to talk and me telling you to go to your girlfriend's house to sober up wasn't an illusion. I even blocked you on my phone cause you were calling me nonstop.
You fetching me from the office cause you didn't want me to go home alone wasn't an illusion.
You telling me how happy you are with me wasn't an illusion.
You staying extra late so we can spend time together wasn't an illusion.
You telling me you love me and asking me to run away wasn't an illusion.
You going the extra mile just to cater to me wasn't an illusion.
Ang lala. lol. I can go on all day talking about the fun years we had but this post would be too long.
I know it has been years. Y'all have obviously moved on. I have moved on.
We all have moved forward. This is just me reminiscing & saying goodbye for the last time.
It is hard letting go of the memories of you.
Sometimes I really wish we never did what we did cause maybe, just maybe, you and I would still be friends. I said maybe because there is still no guarantee that you would still be around... after all, you only hang out with people around you. It was like you left your high school friends in high school, you left your college friends in college... if that makes sense. lol
Letting the memories we had together go is hard because you were a great friend.
You were one of my best guy friends.
You were one of the top people who completed my college years.
You and I talked about how we would never be like those people who left or distanced themselves to the group... but you just turned out to be one of them.
I am leaving all of it to 2018.
I gotta accept the fact that you're not the person I used to be friends with.
The memories are just distant memories now.
You're no longer the person I know. You're a stranger.


No comments:
Post a Comment