![]() |
| Bakershill, Puerto Princesa, Palawan; 05/18/18 |
Wow. *cue in quarter-life crisis*
I can't believe I'm already this old.
5 years ago, I was just starting my first job at my dream company. I was in a "long-term" relationship. I was eager for success and growth. I was making money for myself. I’ve been independent since I started University but that was a different kind of independence. I don’t get allowances from my mom anymore. lol
5 years ago, I pictured myself being (at least) engaged by 25. I always wanted to get married 25 to 26-ish cause I want a year of honeymoon stage before my husband and I get pregnant. I didn’t wanna have a baby on my late 20s cause I'll be too old and I don't wanna be too old when my kid/s grow up. At the same time, I didn't wanna get pregnant too young cause I still have a lot to do with life.
So, now.. 5 years after.. the present..
I’m 25. Still working at my dream company. (I have attachment issues lol)
I can say that I have somewhat excelled in my career.
I’ve grown a lot as a person. Self-love, guys. It is a real thing. I swear.
My sister just finished college.. so yay! :P
I’ve been traveling, de-stressing lol
Not married but my boyfriend and I have been together for more than a year. We have plans but I’m sure all couples have those kinds of plans. Who dates people without the plan of spending the rest of their lives together right? So yeah.
5 years from now.. wow. I will be 30 freaking years old.
I can’t even imagine myself being 30. 30 GUYS. 30!!
For the sake of keeping the pattern of this post, I will do the 5 years from now thing even if I’m scared of it lol
5 years from now, I'll be 30 but probably still working.. I always say that if I’m not working in programming anymore, I wanna experience working in Target or somewhere simple. You know, a whole new world from programming but we'll see. lol Don't get me wrong, I love my job, I love doing what I went to school for. (I have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science) But, sometimes, I wonder how is it working outside of it. I bet everyone has that thought.. of going outside the box.
5 years from now, I'm *hopefully* married to the man I love, trust, respect and who feels the same. LOL. I probably have a kid or kids. Living in our house.. or an apartment. Big houses are nice to look and probably are cozy but I really think a not-so-big house or an apartment feels more like a home.. and less space to clean.. HAHAHAHA geesh. Yes, I still have my laziness in 5 years.
5 years from now, I’ve traveled a lot of countries.. or states ;) I always wanted to explore the world. That is one of my inspiration to hustle harder and, hopefully, by 30, I have crossed out a lot of states or countries (Iceland please!!) on the globe.
And that's it! I can't think of other "5 years from now" stuff that I want to publicly share haha
To close this off, I just wanna say that I am so thankful that I’ve come this far. Age wise, career-wise.
I am blessed that I have a solid support system. I wake up with a joyful heart knowing I have a family that loves and supports me, friends who accepts me for who I am and for who I am not and, last but not the least, my boyfriend who never fails to remind me what matters and what doesn’t matter in life when I tend to stress about everything in life. :P
Another year for adventures it is! 🌻

No comments:
Post a Comment