I don't know why but riding airplanes make me feel happy.
Last Nov 23rd, I went to Cebu with Dice. Our flight was supposed to be at 01:40 pm but it got delayed for about two hours but it was okay since we don't really have plans allotted that day. The plan was take an airplane to Cebu, meet up with Nian and her friend, Jyl, then go to Moalboal for our accommodation which was included in our tour package. So, the 45-minute plane ride was nice. Kinda met a guy who was trying for a small talk, kept glancing and smiling at me the whole flight til we went separate ways when we were waiting for our rides. But yah know me, I'm lame with that kind of stuff. Problem bout me is that when I like someone, I don't really show it... and I regretted it the moment I stepped into the van because he said "Bye, see ya around" with a smile before I hopped into the van. UUUUUGHHHHHH
| While waiting for our delayed flight lol Cebu Pac is so convenient. #sarcasm |
The next day, we got up by 4 am. I know. 4 freaking AM.
First stop was Oslob Whale Shark Watching. We only had 30 minutes to swim with them and take the perfect picture for a souvenir. They look so big and was kinda scary because.. I don't know.. maybe they might decide to eat people. Lol
| The boaters/people who is taking care of the whale sharks said there were atleast 20 whale sharks in there |
| Yup. The pizza emojis are needed or else my mommah will disown me |
| And yes, our group pictures were crap too. It was so hard and the water was salty af. (Girls, please forgive me for uploading these here) |
| Idle time~ It was hella deep water indeed but I had fun. I didn't know I could get in it without a life vest but I made it! |
| Didn't realize how close the whale shark is to me until I saw this picture!!!!! Seeeeee!!! |
Second stop was Aguinid Falls. Mini trekking and it has five levels of waterfalls.
The water was cold and clear. If you're planning on Canyoneering and is kinda hesitant, you should try to go to Aguinid falls first.
| Me and my fat back |
| Tourist-y shot at one of the waterfalls |
| This looks so hard but it wasn't really that hard to climb |
Last stop for the day was Kawasan Canyoneering Adventure.
We climbed, floated, jumped and everything a strong, independent woman would do. Lol.
It was the most adventurous activity I have ever done in my life as of this date.
I got bruises, scratches, my foot cramped while trekking but it was hella worth it!!
It was an adventure you should experience even once in your life.
| At this moment, I thought this was the only trekking we were going to do. But hell I was wrong |
| No edit. This is real. |
| Strong, independent gals |
| I swear. This picture didn't do justice on how clear and cold the water was |
| Me re evaluating my life. Lol. This is actually candid |
| Dice, embracing her new found talent in floating, and I trying to survive the trail |
| Oh how I love this part. Not walking or climbing but floating into where the water takes me |
| I thank myself for teaching myself how to float years ago. I don't know how to really swim but I can float lol |
| Picture kinda blurry but these were the people we trekked with. They were really friendly and a fun group indeed |
| Damn right, I survived! |
- Wear comfortable clothes. It would be better to wear gym pants instead of shorts. Don't be like me. Lol. I got scratches on my back because rocks.
- Wear rubber shoes or aqua shoes. The trail is pretty muddy and slippery. Slippers aren't really advisable.
- Always wear safety gears. They didn't give you those to look adventurous or cool. I remember while walking on the muddy part of the trail, just as we passed by, branches fell off. The guide said it must be the monkeys.
- Never leave your group.
- Don't be shy or hesitant to ask for help if you feel like you can't jump through it or whatever.
- Pack a lot of courage cause whether you like it or not, you are gonna jump.
- Sometimes it's better to not think and just jump but be cautious. And knowing me, I overthink a lot. I really have to cut off watching too much cartoons haha
- Enjoy! Live in the moment!
Clips on how I jump into the cold, cold water for you. Lol
After that, we were so tired. We went back to the mini villa we were staying, showered and decided to go out for dinner. It was raining. Turned out it was typhoon signal number 1 at Cebu that time. We went ate near the place we were staying which we under estimated. We thought it was just a simple eatery, home cooked Filipino and stuff but nope. They had pasta (which has a very large serving btw), pizza, grilled stuff and the best freaking mango shake. I swear. My mango shake standards are so high now. It was the best.
The next day, last day at the mini villa, we got up an hour late than the day before.
We went to Mainit Spring. Hot spring. Yep.
After that, we went to Car Car market. They said lechon was cheaper and better there. It was.
It's just hard to find a place to eat but I never enjoyed eating lechon like that before.
After lunch, we went to Simala Shrine - The Shrine of Virgin Mary to be exact.
![]() |
| Hate to admit it but outfit looks nice lol |
After a bit of haggling, we went to check in in our hotel, Montebello Villa Hotel.
I don't know if I just didn't go through the website that much or the website didn't do justice on how beautiful the hotel is. It has a cozy, comfy vibe. Not too modern but not too old either. The room we booked was big and has a bath tub. LOL. That was the purpose of booking that room.. bath tub.
After checking in, Nian and Jyl took a shower and packed their stuff cause their flight was that night while Dice and I have one more day in Cebu. We went to Ayala Center Cebu for dinner. I don't know if we have Bigby's here in Manila but the food was great. We had shrimps, grilled pork, ribs, and squid. I had a mango shake but it wasn't good as the best mango shake. Lol.
After dinner, Nian and Jyl went to the airport while Dice and I went to IT Park. I was supposed to meet up with some colleagues but I was too tired and I ended up meeting up with Sai instead. Then we went back to the hotel, I took a bath and then we slept. It was a tiring day.
For our last day in Cebu, we just went to SM Cebu for lunch and do a bit of shopping cause why not right? Then we felt like napping, so, we went back to the hotel and rest for a bit before dinner at Bucket Shrimps. Buttered Garlic Shrimps were the best. I swear. We went to get some bingsu for dessert.
| Shrimps!!!!!! & Liempo yaaaaas |
I took one last warm bath to relax. Our flight was 1:40 AM. So we left the hotel by 11 pm because we have to check in our baggage.
| Be back soon, Cebu! |
We all need a holiday sometimes.
Cebu is wonderful.
The water, the view, the food, everything.
People were nice. Some were too conservative though but, I guess, that's how Filipinos are or maybe my shorts/rompers were too short. I don't know. But they were all nice and helpful.
I will definitely come back. North Cebu maybe? Lol


No comments:
Post a Comment