Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 recap


Mandatory year end blog post, of course.
It has been a hella roller coaster ride for me this year.
Ups and downs. Guy problems. Fake friends. Family stuff.
I'm so glad that I went through all that and survived in one piece, with a smile on my face and in my heart.

If you meet the last year's version of me, you will meet a whole different person.
I've changed. A lot.
And I like that change. A lot.

I'm glad I've finally sorted, not everything, but almost everything out. Makes me feel like I have things figured out. Lol

Friends, I'm all good in that area now. No longer too sentimental to cut people who are too toxic and/or just doesn't have that positive effect in my life. I lost Anri but I no longer feel sad about it. Hell, I even wonder if it was really worth it anyway.. knowing how everything was so pretentious and fake. I sometimes miss her but I'm just glad I'm done with that. Same goes for Giana, not sad bout this one though plus I don't miss her at all and I'm glad she's no longer in my life. I am also happy that I have reconnected with some friends who I lost contact with over the years. I can say that I've gained more than I lost and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Guys, I had my fair share of dating this year. Jumping into a relationship is not really a priority right now but my dating life has been good. I don't wanna namedrop or say much bout it cause there is really nothing much to say. The important thing is that I'm happy and my heart is at peace.

Family, We had a major bump this year. but, thank God, everything went okay. It's so amazing how God makes things work in the end. I am very thankful for that. I can't imagine celebrating holidays without my family. They are the best gift I have ever received.

Career, Work has been good. It's either super busy or super slow. There's is no in between. The thing about having a career is that I discover more about what I'm capable of doing, more about what and who I am and more about what I can offer. Like I never knew that I can do stuff that I even surprise myself. It's true what they always say - learning, it never stops.

I discovered a lot about myself this year.
The good and the bad.
I grew more independent this year too.
Too independent that I know when to walk away from the things I don't deserve.
Too independent that I think it scares guys away.
Too independent that whenever I feel like I'm catching feelings for someone, I tend to run away. Lol, okay, not too independent on this one, just my commitment issues catching up on me. I gotta work on that.
I am glad how much I grew up this year.
If I am given the chance to have a do-over of this year, I would make a little tweaks on how I handled some things, I would cut ties with Anri and Giana from the very beginning of this year, I wouldn't buy those pink rompers at Aeropostale, I would buy a pug, I would visit Tyler when he was still based in Japan, I would skip gym that one Sunday to avoid that sprained ankle..... there are other minor changes I would do if I was given the chance but I wouldn't change anything on how I've become, how much I've changed because I like every part of it.

2016 wasn't really my year but still thankful for everything.
I'm ready, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment