Thursday, December 24, 2015

Distance

"Box: Now, look, I have done the long distance thing. And it is hard. As hell. And it doesn’t matter how good the relationship is, it literally can just rip apart. Look, it is just very hard to be far away from the person you love for months at a time."

The quote is from a movie.

Does love really know no distance?
I used to believe that if you love someone, the distance would never be an issue.
Distance is just distance. Love will always be greater than the distance.
And all that shit.
But after more than three different situations I have encountered that was because of the big distance between us that's why it didn't work or wouldn't work, it woke me up.
It woke me up to the sad reality.
That distance is something.
That distance is relevant.
That distance is hard.
That distance is shit.
I know, I know, maybe it's just with me. It's just me that can't make a relationship work through the distance... Lol hell no

There's this college friend who had a girlfriend who is in the same country but an hour plane ride away, she cheated. They broke up.
There's this school mate. Couple years younger than me. He was in Australia. She was here in the Philippines. She found someone else who can be there for her physically. She broke up with him.
There's this college friend. Girlfriend went to UAE. Couple weeks after, he cheated. Girlfriend flew back here. Clueless. Found out he cheated. Broke up. But eventually got back together. Lol stupid, yes.
There's my best friend and her boyfriend before she migrated to Canada. Broke up because he didn't have enough time. Time diff is shit.

I could go all day with the people who didn't survive the distance.
Love knows the distance. It hurts to not be able to survive it.
It hurts to know that love is not enough to make it through the distance.
It hurts to be told that he can't be more than friends with you because it will never work even if you guys make a way to see each other every time you can.
It hurts to be told that he won't let someone who is there pass for someone who is miles and miles apart.
It hurts to be told that you shouldn't stop yourself to meet other people even if he's the one you want because the distance is big
It hurts to know that he gave up because he can't take the distance anymore.

I always tell myself and that someone that it will get easier.
There are a lot of ways to communicate.
That we can always make time and ways to visit each other.
But at the end of the day, I know that it's not.
It will never get easier. It will be hell.
It will kill you slowly inside. Until you have lost all your faith in love and fate. Like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment