Friday, January 3, 2020

2019 Recap


I decided to make this last minute blog post to revisit my 2019.
Better late than never. lol after all, it's the end of a decade.

My 2019 goals were:
🗸 I am gonna read & finish at least 1 book per month – that's why you're seeing a GoodReads widget I recently added on the right side of my blog page. – Sadly, I failed this one but I gotta say its a good start since I've read more than the past years.
🗸 I also plan to travel this year. I am aiming for at least 2 countries. Wanna go back to Taiwan!! – I definitely traveled more this year.
🗸 I also previously wanted to take at least 2 pictures per month on my instax, like I even bought 40 films but my Instax Wide 300's battery leaked. I accidentally left the batteries in for a long time. Planning to buy a new one though just to push thru this goal lol – I'll say not 2pics per month but I took a lot of films this year so it's a yay for me!
🗸 And, of course, I always have the goal to save money and work out every year. – I have saved money, I bought stocks... but the working out part.. no comment lol
🗸 Also, I wanna update this blog at least once a month & I'll probably make some front end changes to it. – I just added this one on my little goals for this year lol – I feel like I have that "blog under construction" for a year now. Must get back into that!

All in all, I'm pretty happy how things worked out this year.
And yes, I didn't date at all this year. Mostly because I had this going back and forth with Andy thing but I've learned now, ok? lol geeesh

It was a fulfilling year for my soul.
I've learned to walk out of situations or relationships that aren't doing me right anymore or things I don't deserve.
I've learned that it's not selfish to take care of yourself first.
I've learned not to force friendships anymore. I was too sentimental for shit but I'm over that.

To make things interesting, I'll just put pictures lol so here
I don’t know what happened in January but that month was dark, so no pics lol

February

Beach with some friends on a cold February. This is also the last appearance of my long curly hair ):
Decided to cut my hair this short cause why not
Got into a new project with a new team

March

Met up with Judee and Kat for dinner and a movie. Haven’t seen Judee for so long. It was nice catching up.
Met up with Tanya and Kate for lunch and coffee. Tanya and I also went out that night. It was fun. She's one of my highschool best girl friends. 
Nian's home! Dice took this photo. Sorry Daisu lol It's always fun when we get together. We talk about everything and anything under the sun

April

Nanay going back to California for the summer 

May

Celebrated my birthday with family in HongKong

June

Lunch with 2 of my college best girl friends. Always nice how we don't talk everyday but when we meet, its as if nothing really changed
Went to Puerto Galera with some workmates and surprisingly this is the only photo I can find on my phone lol

July

Went to Vietnam. This was at Mekong Delta River.
Took a sleeper bus to Cambodia. This was at Angkor Wat and it was just historically beautiful.
Took a bus to Thailand. This was at Wat Pho. We got lucky as not much tourists are there so we get to take this picture.
On the way back to Manila, we had a layover at Singapore. 

August

Had the chance to meet and bond with Cebu teammate when they went to Manila. Plus Ann. lol
Finally synced up our schedules. Went to a playdate with Johna and Champ (not in the pic)

September

Went to Cebu for a September beach getaway with my girl teammates
Received a postcard from Alex (:

October

Team lunch!
Yay we're complete! Finally! This is prolly the last time we got together for 2019 lol I love these two

November

It has been a while since I get to participate during Trick or Treat at the office. So happy I get to do it this year!
Taiwan again but this time with my friends from work!
New cute godson alert!!!! Giles <3

December

Digital Interactive Christmas Party 2019
Quick Dinner and Coffee with Dice and Jyl for our Christmas get together. Facetimed Nian too. 

That was a long year.
Very thankful how I was able to travel more than I wanted too and I get to hang out with my friends.
I feel like doing this post helped me appreciate 2019 more.
I was too fixated on the bad stuff that I have taken for granted all the good stuff.
It was indeed a good year.
What a way to end the decade.

x

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Erisse! Ayan! nagpakilala na ko HAHAHA updated pa din ako sa blogs mo till now! continue writing kasi nakakainspire lalo na ng mga 90's kids. ♥♥ Hoping that one day i'll be reading a blog from you na happy ka na with someone that truly deserves you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marj!!!!! Happy new year! Hala, bigla akong nahiya sa mga pinagsasabi ko dito hahaha thank you! I'm just a message away if you need someone to talk to. Kahit random :) Happy for you and Jang! Stay inlove ♡

      Delete