Sunday, September 20, 2015

Timeless

All your love is was all I ever known

Last night was an interesting night.
I went to my friend's brother's birthday and my ex was there.
It was the first time we were in the same place after the break-up.
I didn't expect anything. I didn't expect him to say hi but he did.
And as the night got deeper, he even sat beside me.
It was a bit awkward for me, considering how we parted ways.
And out of nowhere, he asked me if I have a boyfriend. I said yes.
He asked where he is. I said it's long distance.
I didn't ask if he has a girlfriend because I don't even wanna know.
But still, he said it. He said he has a girlfriend and it was complicated.
Then, later on, I don't even know how he opened up about the break-up.
He said that I caught him off guard when I said I thought we broke up 2 weeks ago.
That's when I finally had the chance to explain to him my side.
How it was for me when we broke up, and I guess, I hope he understood it.
I closed the topic with an "At least okay ka na, okay na ko. It was all for the better" and he replied with a "Hindi din." while looking at me with those sad eyes.
I can't help but feel sad because I know everything was so hard. But I can't help to notice that I don't feel anything new with him. It all felt familiar, safe, and shit. It frightened me how familiar it felt.
I know he was trying to read me, assess how I was feeling.
I can't count how many times he said "Kilala kita." and "Dati naman..." and shits like that.
He even told me to fix my hair, guess he wasn't a fan of my curly hair. Lol
It was like he was telling me how much I changed and I was still the same me at the same time.

Overall, last night was for the better.
It was the closure we both needed. Actual closure.
When he walked me home, when we were about to part ways, I didn't know what I was supposed to do. Should I give him a fist bump or a high five or a hug? But typical me said, "Di ko alam" then he laughed then said "Di mo alam. Haha lika nga dito" and he hugged me.

It was a breathe of fresh air.
I guess, now, we can be friends. No odd feeling anymore. Bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment