"What drew them together was the excitement of getting caught. That's not love"
That quote was from the last book I read, The break-up artist.
It was a good book. An eye opener, indeed.
It was a good book. An eye opener, indeed.
This reminded me of what we had.
It's pretty stupid to post this next to my heartfelt post dedicated to you.
Before reading this book, the idea of us reminded me of how fate fucked us up.
But after reading this, it made me realize that we were never meant for each other.
That fate was doing us a favor.
That fate was doing us a favor.
You and I were just lonely, needy and selfish.
She wasn't there for you, Mine was so far away.
And instead of fixing what I have, you were there to convince me that you can fulfill the things he lacks.
The quote from this book perfectly describes what we had.
We were just excited of getting caught. And when we got caught, the fire died.
I am pretty proud of myself. Wanna know why?
Because if it wasn't for you, I won't experience being alone.
Alone because I broke it off with mine and you left with her.
Being without someone to take care of me.
Being independent, emotionally and physically.
All of these taught me a lesson and I, indeed, learned a lot from it.
I can now watch a movie alone without feeling lonely.
I can now go to places alone unlike before that I need someone to go with me because the idea of being alone in a mall or wherever makes me feel like a lost child.
I am happier now because I don't need someone to make me happy.
I wish you learned all of these too.. but I know you didn't. Because she gave you another chance just like that. Without giving you a chance to evaluate yourself. And that is sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment